Skip to content
camfyre

camfyre

just news

cropped-banner-ad1.png
Primary Menu
  • News
  • Science
  • Health
  • Money
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Technology
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
Live
  • Home
  • 2026
  • February
  • 21
  • Trump Says “India-US Trade Deal Is On” Despite Court Tariff Blow!
  • Business

Trump Says “India-US Trade Deal Is On” Despite Court Tariff Blow!

ivanusma70 February 21, 2026 2 minutes read
featured_image-290

Big news from Washington D.C.! Despite a major legal setback from the Supreme Court regarding his broader tariff powers, US President Donald Trump has assured the world that the trade deal between India and the United States is still very much alive. “India-US trade deal is on,” he declared, even as the nation’s highest court struck down his sweeping emergency tariffs as illegal.

Speaking to reporters at the White House, Trump highlighted his “fantastic” relationship with India and a “great” bond with Prime Minister Narendra Modi. He proudly stated that India had scaled back its oil purchases from Russia at his request, shifting towards American energy – a move he linked to efforts to address a significant global conflict.

The Supreme Court’s decision was a big deal. In a 6-3 ruling, they essentially said Trump couldn’t just impose tariffs without getting Congress’s approval, ruling that he violated federal law. This put a dent in his broader tariff strategy.

However, Trump wasn’t backing down. He called the court’s verdict “deeply disappointing” but insisted it wouldn’t derail his trade plans. He even claimed to have “stronger” alternatives up his sleeve for revenue generation.

Regarding the India deal specifically, Trump emphasized a “flip” in how things used to be. “They’ll be paying tariffs, and we will not be paying tariffs,” he explained, framing it as a fair agreement after previous administrations were supposedly “ripped off.” Earlier this month, a framework for an interim trade agreement was announced, involving tariff cuts from the US side and an agreement from New Delhi to pivot from Russian oil to American energy products.

So, despite the legal drama, Trump’s message is clear: the India-US trade deal stands, perhaps just with a few strategic adjustments.

Source: https://www.news9live.com/world/india-us-trade-deal-is-on-no-changes-in-pact-trump-after-supreme-courts-tariff-ruling-2933945

Post navigation

Previous: India & Brazil: Mining the Future Together for a Tech-Powered Future!
Next: The Baker Bringing Warmth to Ukraine’s Cold Winter

Related Stories

featured_image-289
  • Business

India & Brazil: Mining the Future Together for a Tech-Powered Future!

ivanusma70 February 21, 2026
featured_image-287
  • Business

Tariff Turmoil: What the Supreme Court Ruling Means for Global Trade

ivanusma70 February 21, 2026
featured_image-264
  • Business

High Wycombe’s Tesco Superstore is Back and Better Than Ever!

ivanusma70 February 19, 2026

Recent Posts

  • The Baker Bringing Warmth to Ukraine’s Cold Winter
  • Trump Says “India-US Trade Deal Is On” Despite Court Tariff Blow!
  • India & Brazil: Mining the Future Together for a Tech-Powered Future!
  • Illegal Tariffs: States Demand Billions Back After Landmark Ruling!
  • Tariff Turmoil: What the Supreme Court Ruling Means for Global Trade

Categories

  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Money
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Science
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Uncategorized

You may have missed

featured_image-291
  • News

The Baker Bringing Warmth to Ukraine’s Cold Winter

ivanusma70 February 21, 2026
featured_image-290
  • Business

Trump Says “India-US Trade Deal Is On” Despite Court Tariff Blow!

ivanusma70 February 21, 2026
featured_image-289
  • Business

India & Brazil: Mining the Future Together for a Tech-Powered Future!

ivanusma70 February 21, 2026
featured_image-288
  • Money

Illegal Tariffs: States Demand Billions Back After Landmark Ruling!

ivanusma70 February 21, 2026
Copyright © All rights reserved. | MoreNews by AF themes.